Guest post by Elena Stewart
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected people and businesses alike all over the world. As a result, those that have been classified as “non-essential” are forced to pause their operations. For many small businesses, this can spell devastation. However, there are ways you can keep your business afloat during this difficult time. After all, modern technology has made available countless tools and resources to keep people working remotely, which, in turn, can give your business a fighting chance to survive. We’ve put together some links to help you with the task.
Improve Your Workspace
Creating a clutter-free and work-friendly space will do wonders for your productivity.
● Find space for your home office setup.
● Look into affordable carpeting options for a cleaner, more professional look.
● Declutter your workspace to inspire productivity.
Leveraging the many resources and tools made available by technology will keep your business going without a hitch.
● Make use of solid collaboration techniques to keep your remote team productive.
● Think of pandemic-friendly ways to advertise your business.
● Manage your team effectively while social distancing.
● Choose the best video conferencing tools to stay connected.
Get Adequate Help
Just because you’re operating remotely doesn’t mean you need to do it all on your own.
● Support freelancers by hiring on freelance platforms.
● Leverage online job sites to hire expert help when you need them, from a big commerce developer to marketing professionals and more.
Suffice it to say, there’s no need for your lifeblood — that is, your small business — to languish and move closer to failure as the whole world tries to recover from this pandemic. Instead, embrace the paradigm shift into remote work and operations, and maybe also learn a new thing or two along the way. Ultimately, that’s how your business succeeds through COVID-19.
Photo via Pexels.com